Vinimaya is a practitioner oriented journal that aims at leading the discourse among academicians, business executives and thought leaders with reference to the banking and financial services industry. The journal aims at enriching its readers with ideas that can be put into practice, sharing creative approaches for solving industry-related issues, and helping readers make sense of the rapid changes in the industry landscape.
The content of Vinimaya will primarily cater to business managers and therefore, research that is extremely academic in nature will not be suitable. However, articles will need to be backed up by strong arguments, use of suitable facts and figures, and appropriate analysis. Industry experts may use their experience to offer a point-of-view that would enable readers to gain new perspectives on a particular subject.
Vinimaya aims at providing a platform for convergence of diverse viewpoint related to Banking and Financial Services industry from eminent researchers, academicians, present and former practitioners in Banking and financial services , enabling sharing of professional knowledge as well as practical insights.
Vinimaya welcomes research based papers, conceptual papers, viewpoints, case studies, perspective oriented papers and review articles on relevant policies, developments and practices in various dimensions of the sector.
Articles showcasing recent innovations and best practices in banking and financial services industry will be given preference. Papers providing an analytical viewpoint (i.e. a point of view or perspective) on matters of importance for executives in banking and finance industry are encouraged. The articles are expected to reflect practical implications for practitioners, policy makers, academicians and researchers in Banking and Financial services.
Articles are suggested to be presented in a style which enables better readability and grasp for practitioners rather than an academic audience. All articles submitted are subjected to a double blind peer review process, assessing the content, value to practitioners and readability. Based on reviewer’s report as well as other considerations, editorial committee will select the articles for publication.
Some suggested areas that can be considered include (but not restricted to the following):
· Strategic initiatives by banks to gain competitive advantage
· Innovative marketing strategies that enable better customer management
· Customer centric approaches by banking and financial services firms
· Digital marketing and customer relationship management
· Service quality management
· Employee engagement in banking and financial services industry
· Role of leadership in enforcing ethics and corporate governance
· Managing NPAs and enhancing profitability of banks
· Basel III and its Implementation Challenges for Banks
· Productivity and Profitability of Banks
· Domestic and global Monetary policy
· Global Financial Markets and its effects on Banks Treasury Operations
· Risk Management
· Macro prudential Policies
· Treasury Management
· Asset Liability Management
· Financial Markets and Macroeconomic Linkages.
· Exchange Rate Policy
Articles submitted to Vinimaya for consideration should not have been published before in their current or similar form or be under consideration for publication with another journal.
Please submit the article in Microsoft word file format. (12 – point Times New Roman font only)
The first author needs to mention all the following details - name, designation, affiliation, contact address, email, and telephone number in a covering letter. All other authors’ names and affiliations need to be mentioned. The first page of the article should include the title of the article, but it should not give the author/s’ name and address. The author/s’ name should not appear anywhere else on the body of the manuscript to facilitate the blind review process.
· An abstract of the article should be submitted (up to 200 words)
· The suggested word length of the article (excluding references and abstract) is 3000-5000 words
· Keywords that encapsulate the principle topics of the article should be submitted (up to 6)
· All figures (charts, diagrams and images) should be submitted in electronic form (in separate files).
· Tables should be typed and included in a separate file to the main body of the article. The position of table should be clearly mentioned.
· For all tables, charts, and graphs, the source should be indicated, wherever necessary. Tables should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals and should be referred to in the text as Table 1, Table 2 etc.
· Please submit a brief biographical sketch (80-100 words) of the author/s describing current designation and affiliation, specialization, publication and relevant professional details.
Kindly e-mail the manuscript to Vinimaya Journal on the email id – firstname.lastname@example.org; It normally takes about 3-4 months for our review process.
Editor - Dr Kaushik Mukerjee
Members - Dr Jiji Mathew & Dr Sarita Bhatnagar Sample Articles 1. Basel Accords and their Implications on Banking Business - S V Kuvalekar 2. The 'Strategic Differentiators' of State Bank of India - Ashwini Mehra 3. Annual Review and Forensic Audit of Corporate Borrowal Accounts and Early Warning Signals - Deepak Narang & V S Kaveri